Skip to main content

Related Agencies

A variety of federal, state, and local authorities require permits for various activities that impact natural resources. These include but are not limited to the following:

Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA)

The MPCA requires that any construction activity that disturbs greater than one acre of land, or is part of a development that disturbs greater than ONE ACRE of land, must be covered under a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit.

More information about MPCA permit requirements can be found at the MPCA or at the Stormwater Hotline.

Department of Natural Resources (DNR)

The DNR requires permits for dredging, stream and lake crossings, and shoreline and streambank improvement projects. However, through the DNR General Permit 2001-6009, the DNR has delegated permitting authority to the MCWD for a number of projects. If your project meets the conditions described in our rules, you should not need a separate permit from the DNR.

Related Agencies Links