Citizens Advisory Committee Meeting
Meetings are held in the downstairs board room at MCWD's office: 18202 Minnetonka Blvd., Deephaven, MN 55391. They usually begin at 6:30 p.m. Contact the Planning Director for more information.
Each year the Minnehaha Creek Watershed District (MCWD) seeks individuals to serve on its Citizen Advisory Committee. Serving as a CAC member is a great way to help protect and preserve Minnehaha Creek, Lake Minnetonka, the Minneapolis Chain of Lakes, and other valued resources within the MCWD. Meetings are held one evening per month.
As a Minnehaha Creek Citizen Advisor, you can participate as much as you like by volunteering on activities like these:
- Increase Public Awareness: You could represent the watershed as community events and participate in educational seminars.
- Participate in Development of Watershed Management Policies: You could prepare recommendations for the Board of Managers on long term goals aimed at protecting and enhancing the watershed.
- Advise On Water Quality: You could be our eyes in the community, noticing and reporting threats to water quality. Or, help us educate the community to protect water quality.
- Improve Habitat: You could create ways to locate and prevent the spread of invasive, exotic species or promote the planting of native species.
- Help Improve Stormwater Quality: You can teach neighborhood groups the importance of proper lawn care practices and how this can improve water quality.
- Advise On Projects: You can review District plans for flood protection and water quality protection. We want your suggestions.